Two weeks ago, a few of the Thread ladies and I were treated to a night of fabulous food, fashion and networking. And boy, was it a blast!
Dress: T.J. Maxx/Tommy Hilfiger (similar) || Shoes: Nine West Outlet (almost identical!)
We started out at one of my favorite new-ish places in Covington, Frida 602. Everything about this place was right up my alley: the decor, the food and especially the margs. Even the bathroom was cute! I felt kinda weird taking a picture of it, but who could resist with a design as cute as this?
After our delicious dinner and drinks, we were off to the main event: Cincy Chic‘s annual Fashion Night! As VIPs, we were given swag bags with exclusive offers, seats along the runway and so much more. There was a three-part fashion show, featuring Walton Creek Boutique, GKM Design and Style Room 326.
Even though I didn’t get too many pictures, all three showings were filled with impressive, cutting edge looks that I can’t wait to recreate myself!
Carrington, Laura, Annie and I had so much fun, and can’t wait for next year’s show!
Today’s the big day: I’m moving into my own apartment… #adulting!
I can’t wait to get settled and start decorating 🙂
On My Wish List
- Officially off the wish list: these leather leggings. (PS – #NSale ends 8/7, so snag the deals while you still can!)
- Because I miss my pup every single day.
- Need this to prepare for the dry skin season ahead.
- I promise I won’t wear this with the leggings 😉
- Everyone needs a classic camel coat!
Around the Internet
- Mix a little childhood nostalgia with an adult upgrade, and voila!
- I’ve gotta try this recipe (with GF cookies, of course).
- Finally, a way to cool off and fulfill my coffee addiction.
- I can’t wait to go home and try out this new tourist attraction!
- Who else can’t wait for this anniversary special?
In the Blogosphere
- Jordan of A State of Ruin is slaying (as usual) in this iridescent swimsuit.
- There’s nothing quite like the perfect LBD, and Ashley of Love Always, Ashley J. is proving it.
- Martha’s Vineyard looks almost as fabulous as the outfits Sydney of Summer Wind Blog wore on her vacation there!
- I’m having totally office envy after seeing Courtnee of Personally Styled‘s office reveal.
- How cute is this pajama set from Lauren of Life to Lauren?! Maybe I should stop wearing old t-shirts to bed…
Fun Fact: When I was younger, I used to play golf with my grandma and brother. Let’s just say I was no Jordan Spieth… Fast forward a few years and I’m still *attempting* to golf, but far far away from an 18-hole course.
Enter Topgolf. This is the place for golfers and non-golfers alike. There’s seriously something for everyone, making it the perfect spot for some weekend fun!
A few of the Thread ladies and I were invited by fellow Threader Annie to Topgolf Cincinnati’s Media Taste & Tour. This location in West Chester is the 27th in the country and the first in Ohio. Topgolf Cincy will open to the public this Friday, so we’re giving away a $100 gift card to celebrate! Don’t forget to enter below for your chance to win 🙂
To say we were spoiled the whole night would be an understatement. The staff was so welcoming and accommodating, the food was beyond spectacular and the atmosphere was one of a kind. I can’t wait to go back!
A few important things to note:
- You don’t have to go to Topgolf to golf! There’s a rooftop terrace with a full bar, Bear Pong, cornhole and even live music. There’s also a downstairs lounge, complete with shuffleboard, pool tables and XBOX Kinect.
- All Topgolf locations are open year-round. Even when the ice and snow hit Cincinnati, the West Chester location will stay open! The targets and hitting bays are completely heated, so no need to bundle up.
- The food is top-of-the-line. Topgolf prides itself on its “chef-driven menu,” meaning the culinary team contributes their own recipes, including ones passed down from family and friends. Also, they do a brunch on Saturday and Sunday, so you know I’ll be back!
Topgolf West Chester will open to the public starting this Friday, July 29. To celebrate, Thread is giving away a $100 gift card to one lucky winner! All you have to do is follow the instructions below and voila, you’re entered. We’ll be announcing the winner on our Facebook page this Friday. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Growing up, the 4th of July wasn’t really a noteworthy holiday. But for the past three years, the 4th has taken on a whole new meaning: it’s time to visit my boyfriend and his family in Chicago!
About an hour from the city is Long Beach, Indiana where Jack’s family has two beach houses. The weekend is always filled with good weather, great food and even better company, and this year was no exception!
One of his (40!) cousins, Grace, is a CFOC fan, so when we both expressed our love for rompers, I knew we had to do a post together. So without further ado, here’s me and Grace rompin’ around Long Beach in our rompers!
And of course, Larry had to make an appearance. 🙂
SHOP OUR FAVORITE ROMPERS:
And I’m back… Back from another brief hiatus, due to vacation and starting a new job! So instead of a Friday Fab Five, I’m sharing a new outfit post. Happy Friday 🙂
One of my favorite spots in Cincinnati is Hyde Park Square, so back when spring was changing over to summer, Carrington and I took full advantage. We grabbed coffee at one of our favorite spots, Awakenings, to fuel up for a mini photo and video shoot. Can’t wait to do it again soon!
Tee: Victoria’s Secret (similar) || Skirt: Target (similar or similar) || Shoes: Target (on sale for $12!) || Hat: Urban Outfitters (only $20!) || Clutch: Vera Bradley (similar) || Watch: Michael Kors || Bracelets: Michael Kors
SHOP THE LOOK:
Happy July! Exciting things are coming this month, so I can’t wait to dive right in 🙂
On My Wish List
- Forget the overalls comeback… how about an overall dress?
- Obsessing over this tropical print, so summery!
- Gotta have gingham, especially these wedges.
- I’m loving the bucket bag trend this season.
- Two of my favorite things in one: white and lace.
Around the Internet
- ’90s girls around the world are rejoicing over this news, me included.
- This fun twist on tacos is definitely worth a try.
- No spoilers, please. I’m only on Season 6! #NetflixBinge
- OMG, the cuteness… I can’t handle it.
- These cookies look and sound absolutely delicious!
In the Blogosphere
- I’ve been obsessing over jumpsuits and rompers this season, especially this denim one on Jenna of Trendy Not Spendy.
- Speaking of jumpsuits, how cute is this floral one from Yasmin of Bangles and Bungalows?!
- I loved reading this inspirational post from Bridget of To Celebrate Everything… it’s exactly what I needed after a long, somewhat stressful week.
- My wanderlust is at an ultimate high after seeing this post from Hannah of Necessary Luxury. Talk about #TravelGoals!
- Unfortunately, this zebra print DVF skirt is sold out, but Holly of The Glossy Lemon is totally rockin’ it!