I’m officially obsessed with Rent the Runway. It was love at first rental. ICYMI, I rounded up my top picks for spring, so now it’s time for my summer picks!
Deal Alert: Most rentals are up to 30% off for July 4th. And if that wasn’t good enough, follow this link to get $30 off your first order!
Here are some of my favorite looks for every summer occasion:
4TH OF JULY
Red Lexi Skort Romper by Alexis – $70
Red Chiara Top by Tanya Taylor – $55
Paolla Silk Romper by Joie – $60
Neutral Stripe Gown by Badgley Mischka – $165
Color Block Twist Sheath by Cynthia Rowley – $65
Lilac Crossed Dress by Halston Heritage – $75
Orange Alcott Dress by Trina Turk – $60
Misun Maxi Dress by Mara Hoffman – $55
Meadow Floral Pant by Rebecca Taylor – $60
Ashawa Dress by Joie – $65
Red Rust Floral Off Shoulder Dress by ASTR – $30
Embroidered Bridget Dress by Tory Burch – $75
Now that you’ve seen the looks, did you miss the Deal Alert above? If not, most rentals are up to 30% off for July 4th, but order now because they’re going fast! And if you follow this link, you’ll get $30 off your first order.
SHOP THE RUNWAY:
We made it to Friday, but I’m already looking forward to next weekend. I’ll be off celebrating the holiday with my boyfriend, booze and the beach! What could be better?
On My Wish List
*SALE ALERT: Shopbop has a serious sale going on right now, so I’m rounding up some of my favorites! Sale ends tonight at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Loving these printed harem pants from Mara Hoffman.
- Another Mara Hoffman favorite: this keyhole halter dress.
- Give me Kate Spade everything, especially these wedges.
- One of my favorite Gray Malin prints is on sale, too!
- Time to invest in a new watch… #punny 😉
Around the Internet
- If you’re frappuccino obsessed like me, you’ll need to try this recipe.
- Blake Lively is #PregnancyGoals.
- Another Trump making headlines… this time in the fashion world.
- Bookmark this fashion hacks video! It will definitely come in handy someday.
- Anna Kendrick + James Corden = musical hilarity.
In the Blogosphere
- This avocado “mocktail” recipe from Life by Lee sounds delicious!
- Nothing says summer like nautical fashion, and this look from Anna of A Lily Love Affair is absolutely adorable.
- Going to the beach can be fashionable, too! I’m loving this beachy look from Brianne of Scrubs & Sparkles.
- Adding scalloped shorts to my clothing wish list, thanks to Taylor of Style is Everything.
- I recently came across Ranya and Patricio of Mint Society on Instagram and am completely in love with their blog. Check them out!
Happy Monday, and first official day of summer! Though my summers are no longer filled with three-month breaks from “reality,” they are filled with sunshine, road trips and sweet cocktails!
So what’s my go-to summer cocktail? The appropriately-named Lazy Girl Sangria 🙂
Why lazy? Because you’ll only need three ingredients… that’s right, 3!
- 2 parts sparkling white wine (depending on taste preference, I used Cupcake Moscato D’Asti)
- 2 parts lemon lime pop/soda
- Assorted frozen fruit (I used a peach, pineapple, strawberry, mango mix)
Put them all together in your favorite summer glass and voila — it’s that simple.
Cheers to a fabulous summer!
Happy Friday! In case you didn’t notice, I missed posting last week’s FFF (oops!) because I started my new job last Monday. Needless to say, I had good reason for skipping — I was busy getting situated 🙂
So cheers to the weekend, and here’s to hoping it’s as fabulous as you are!
On My Wish List
Lots of *shoe sales* this week, so if you’re in the market…
- These Nikes are only $49… almost unheard of!
- If you’re obsessing over the lace-up sandal trend like me, you’ll want to get yourself a pair of these (or these) — both on sale now.
- Jack Rogers for under $30? Yes, please.
- Time to break out the wedges! I definitely want a pair of these for the summer.
- Heels not your thing? There are plenty of flats on sale too, like these Tory Burch espadrilles.
Around the Internet
- Despite all of the terrible news surrounding last weekend’s shooting in Orlando, there’s this touching tribute.
- So much celebrity baby news this week! Ashton and Mila. Carlos and Alexa. Maybe Justin and Jen! Which are you most excited about?
- Finding Dory came out today, and the kid in me is SO excited. But the adult in me is even more excited because of this news.
- The 4th of July is right around the corner, so be sure to bookmark this recipe!
- If only Cosmo was this well trained…
In the Blogosphere
- Looking for a fun and easy DIY craft this weekend? Fellow Thread blogger Kayla of The Professional Prep has one for you!
- I desperately want to visit Austin after seeing this photo diary from Preeti of Nines to 5.
- Who knew there was a service that combined online shopping with clothing customization… genius! Read all about it on See Molly Blog.
- Banana Republic is quickly becoming one of my favorite stores. Olivia from Baubles to Bubbles is rocking one of their adorable dresses for the summer!
- I love me some gingham, and these shorts on Margret of Style the Girl are no exception!
There’s nothing like a great sale, especially when everything hasn’t been picked over yet! When spring inventory hit the shelves at GAP, I scored three amazing pieces, including this adorable confetti skirt.
Since then, I’ve dressed it up and down for many occasions, making it one of the most versatile skirts in my closet. I’ll definitely be styling it more this spring/summer. What’s your favorite clothing steal? Share yours with me in the comments below!
Jacket: Old Navy (similar) || Tank: Anthropologie || Skirt: GAP (similar) || Shoes: Old Navy || Necklace: Charming Charlie (similar or similar)
SHOP THE LOOK:
Nothing is better than time spent at home, especially when the majority is spent alongside family and friends. Every time I’m back in Buffalo, I make it a point to spend quality time with my bestie, Lucy. We typically find a hip spot downtown or in Elmwood Village to eat, drink and catch up as girlfriends do. This time, we added one more activity to our ritual: blog pictures.
Yes, that’s right, my best friend is also a fabulous blogger! Lucy blogs at Write. Style. Travel. and has already been recognized as one of the top bloggers in Buffalo! So with my camera in tow, we headed to Canalside (after a delicious rooftop dinner at Tappo) and went on our blogging mission.
And don’t forget to check out Lucy’s “Style Spotlight” here!
What I Wore:
Romper: LOFT || Vest: American Eagle || Earrings: Nordstrom || Shoes: Target
Shop My Favorite Rompers:
What Lucy Wore:
Dress: Lulu’s (similar) || Shoes: Target || Sunglasses: ASOS (similar) || Watch: Fossil || Bracelets: Alex and Ani (#1 and #2)
Shop Her Favorite Shift Dresses: